1. Policy for Protecting Personal InformationName: Seven Global Remit, Ltd.
Address: 1-6-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Representative Director: Masanori Iijima
At Seven Global Remit, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “our company”), we consider our customers’ trust to be of top priority. In line with the following approach, we strive to maintain accuracy and confidentiality as we handle customers’ information according to their wishes.
(1) Purposes for Collecting InformationWe collect the minimum amount of information necessary regarding our customers in order to safely and securely process their transactions, as well as to provide better products and services. This information (including information processed so that it cannot identify a specific individual unless collated with other information) is used for the following business operations and purposes, and will not be used for any other purpose.
<1> Business Operations
- ・Operations for the transfer of funds based on the Payment Services Act
- ・Banking agent operations based on the Banking Act
- ・Operations to conclude money lending agreement and credit card agreement based on the Money Lending Business Act
- ・Other operations that may be carried out by money transfer companies, banking agents, or money lending agencies, and operations incidental to these (including operations that may be handled in future)
<2> Purposes for Use
Type of Information
Customers’ personal information and transaction information
Purpose for Use
- ・To accept applications for user registration with our company and to assist with the registration process
- ・To confirm eligibility to use services, including confirmation of transactions (personal identification) based on laws such as the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds, confirmation of the authority of an individual or proxy in various transactions, etc.
- ・To judge the use of and manage ongoing transactions with our company
- ・To provide services and respond to inquiries.
- ・To judge the appropriateness of the provision of our services, in line with principles of suitability
- ・To appropriately carry out outsourced business when all or part of the processing of personal information is outsourced by other companies, etc.
- ・To exercise rights or fulfill obligations based on contracts with customers, laws, etc.
- ・To confirm qualifications for and implement campaigns.
- ・To research and develop our services through market research, data analysis, questionnaires, etc.
- ・To offer our services through various methods such as direct mail
- ・To allow our subcontractors to carry out outsourced work as appropriate
- ・To allow our business partners to carry out affiliated work as appropriate
- ・To be used to provide information on our business partners’ products and services
- ・To provide information to a third party to the extent necessary to carry out relevant work such as sending out prizes
- ・To cancel various transactions or for management post-cancellation
- ・To appropriately and smoothly carry out transactions with customers, etc.
- ・To make appointments with our branches
(2) Types of Information CollectedThe most common types of information collected are a customer’s address, name, date of birth, phone number, email address, nationality, residence status, and period of stay. In addition, based on the Guidelines for Protection of Personal Information in the Finance Sector, customers’ sensitive information will not be acquired, used, or provided to third parties, except in the cases published in said Guidelines.
(3) How Information is CollectedAfter taking sufficient security measures, we mainly collect information written or entered in application forms and transaction documents. This also includes information acquired through the use of smartphone applications, the Internet, our website, subcontractors’ websites, etc.
In addition, when collecting information, we will clearly specify its purpose, scope of use, recipients, etc. as is necessary.
(4) Use and Disclosure of InformationWe will not disclose customers’ personal information to any third party except in the following cases.
- ・When the customer has given consent
- ・When disclosure has been determined necessary by law, etc.
- ・When it is necessary in order to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- ・When it is particularly necessary in order to improve public health or promote the healthy development of a child/children, and it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- ・When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, local government, or person acting on behalf of either in carrying out duties stipulated by law, and obtaining the customer’s consent may hinder the aforementioned duties
(5) How Information is ManagedWe always take the appropriate measures to keep customers’ information accurate and up-to-date. In addition, we do our utmost to implement the following appropriate secure management measures in order to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, falsification, leakage, etc. of customers’ information.
(Establishment of Basic Policy)
(Establishment of Discipline Regarding the Handling of Personal Information)
- ・We have established rules for management regarding how to handle the acquisition, use, and provision of personal information, as well as responsible parties and their duties.
(Organizational Safety Management Measures)
- ・We have established internal rules, and store information based on these rules.
- ・We have established parties responsible for handling personal information, as well as a system for monitoring personal information and for reporting and responding to the event of a leak or other incident.
- ・In order to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information, and for other safety management purposes, we regularly verify handling status.
(Personal Safety Management Measures)
- ・We have concluded non-disclosure agreements regarding personal information with all executives and staff who handle customers’ personal information.
- ・We educate all executives and staff who handle customers’ personal information about the importance of protecting said personal information, and have clarified the roles and responsibilities of each executive and employee.
- ・We confirm the status of compliance with personal information management procedures for all executives and staff who handle customers’ personal information.
(Physical Safety Management Measures)
- ・In order to safely manage customers’ personal information, we take physical measures regarding the management of areas in which personal data is handled, the prevention of theft of equipment and electronic media, the prevention of leakage when transporting electronic media, the disposal of equipment and electronic media, etc.
(Technical Safety Management Measures)
- ・Control of access is implemented based on internal company rules.
- ・We have installed systems which identify and authenticate users of customers’ personal information, as well as manage access authority and record and analyze access records.
- ・We record and analyze the operation status of information systems which handle customers’ personal information.
- ・We monitor and audit information systems which handle customers’ personal information.
- ・We take technical measures to prevent the leakage of customers’ personal information.
(Understanding of External Environment)
- ・Some of customers’ personal information is stored in Germany for the use of cloud services. In addition, only our subcontractor, whose head office is located in China, is allowed access to personal information stored on servers in Japan (no information is stored in China), in order to carry out subcontracted business.
We understand the systems in Germany and China used for the protection of personal information, and we implement strict safety management measures.
For information regarding the main systems related to the protection of personal information in each country, please see the following website of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
Personal Information Protection Commission:
For overseas subcontractors, we provide in response to customer requests the items established in Article 18, Paragraph 3 of the Enforcement Order for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, such as information related to measures that are necessary for maintaining the continuous implementation of appropriate measures.
(7) Customer Requests for Disclosure, Correction, or Cancellation, Suspension of Use, or Deletion(Disclosure/Correction)
When a customer requests the disclosure of information about themselves, we will confirm their identity and respond to the request unless there is a special reason not to do so. In addition, if the information we receive is inaccurate, we will make corrections to it.
Please see (9) below for our contact information.
If a customer does not wish to receive information via direct mail or telephone, please see (9) below to contact us. We will cancel that service.
(Suspension of Use/Deletion)
If a customer wishes to have the use of your personal information suspended or deleted in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, please see (9) below to contact us.
(8) Compliance with Laws, Regulations, Etc.Our company will comply with laws and other standards regarding personal information, and continuously review and strive to improve our system of protecting personal information.
(9) Contact Information for Inquiries (Including inquiries regarding the provision of information, etc. on systems for protecting personal information in foreign countries where the financial institutions to which money transfers performed based on customers’ money transfer instructions are sent are located.) and ComplaintsSeven Global Remit, Ltd. Main Office
Marunouchi 1-6-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About joint use of personal data collected through the service for foreign nationals provided by Seven Bank group entities
2. Basic Policy for the Handling of Personally Identifiable InformationBased on laws such as the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (hereinafter referred to as the “Number Act”), our company has established a basic policy regarding the handling of customers’ Individual Numbers and personal information that includes Individual Numbers in its contents (hereinafter referred to as “personally identifiable information”), which we put forth as follows.
(2) Purpose for Use of Individual Number<1> When our company acquires customers’ Individual Numbers, we will notify, publicize or clearly indicate the purpose for use thereof, and handle them within the range necessary to achieve said purpose. Individual Numbers will not be used for any purpose other than one of those specified within the Number Act.
<2> Our company’s purpose for use of Individual Numbers is as follows:
Preparation of legal records regarding overseas remittance transactions
(3) Secure Management MeasuresOur company will take necessary and appropriate secure management measures in order to manage the prevention of leakage, loss of or damage to customers’ personally identifiable information. In addition, we will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees and subcontractors (including those to whom we have outsourced before) who handle personally identifiable information.
(4) Responding to Comments and Requests<1> Our company will endeavor to respond appropriately and promptly to comments and requests regarding our handling of personally identifiable information.
<2> If you have any comments or requests regarding our handling of personally identifiable information, please contact us at:
Seven Global Remit, Ltd. Main Office
Marunouchi 1-6-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005
Contact email address: email@example.com