Terms of Agreement
Procedures Specific to Those Who Are or Were Foreign Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) (*1) and Their Families
Based on the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds and related governmental and ministerial ordinances (hereinafter referred to as “laws and ordinances”), our company requires those who are or have been foreign politically exposed persons (PEPs) and their families (*2) to make a declaration to that effect when applying to open a Sendy account.
To our customers to whom this applies (those who fall within the dotted lines in the diagram below), we ask that you contact us, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Contact us here
“Foreign politically exposed persons” refers to “persons who occupy or have occupied an important position as a foreign head of state, or in a foreign government, central bank, or other similar organization” as determined by laws and ordinances. Specifically, it refers to persons who are or have been in a position equivalent to one of the following in a foreign country:
- Head of state
- Position equivalent to Prime Minister, Minister of State, or Senior Vice Minister
- Position equivalent to Chairman of the House of Representatives, Vice Chairman of the House of Representatives, Chairman of the House of Councilors, or Vice Chairman of the House of Councilors
- Position equivalent to Justice of the Supreme Court
- Position equivalent to Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary, Ambassador on Special Mission, government representative, or plenipotentiary
- Position equivalent to Chief of Staff (Joint Staff), Vice Chief of Staff (Joint Staff), Chief of Staff (Ground Force), Vice Chief of Staff (Ground Force), Chief of Staff (Maritime Force), Vice Chief of Staff (Maritime Force), Chief of Staff (Air Force), or Vice Chief of Staff (Air Force)
- Executive of a central bank
- Executive of a corporation that must obtain the approval of a legislative assembly regarding the budget
Scope of family members subject to declaration:
- Spouse (*)
- Children: Includes children with former spouse (*) and children between spouse (*) and their former spouse (*).
- Parents of spouse (*)
(*) Includes common-law marriage.